Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister on Thursday dismissed Turkey’s demand for an international inquiry into the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Riyadh has its own “investigative body” and would “reject” an independent investigation into the killing of Khashoggi, who had been “heavily drugged” before being dismembered, Minister Adel Al Jubeir said.
“This is now a legal case and is thus in the hands of Saudi Arabia’s judiciary,” Al Jubeir told reporters in Riyadh.
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on Wednesday called for the international investigation into the October 2 killing of Khashoggi.
The editorial staff of Saudi Arabia Today
would like to give all of its readers from Gulf and Saudi Arabia and the whole world the opportunity to participate actively in the development of the website! If you have something interesting, fun, scandalous - just something worth to be seen from more people. Capture it and share it in the Saudi Arabia Today
with a short text.
Do you have information you want to reach our readers?
You can subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter and Google pages or use our RSS feed channel to always read the most important news about Saudi Arabia, the Gulf and the world.