No pilgrims arrived from Qatar: Saudi Arabia
No Qatari pilgrims have yet arrived in Saudi Arabia for this month’s Hajj pilgrimage, a Saudi governor said on Wednesday.
“No pilgrims from Qatar arrived until today,” Khalid bin Faisal Al Saud, Governor of Makkah province, said.
This year’s Hajj is set to start on August 19.
Relations have strained between Riyadh and Doha since last month when Saudi Arabia, along with Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, severed diplomatic ties, accusing Qatar of supporting terrorism.
The Saudi-led bloc also imposed a land, sea and air blockade on Qatar, with Riyadh sealing the Abu Samra border crossing linking the two Gulf states.
Qatar denies the accusations and contends that the blockade against it was in violation of international law.
Ever since, Qatari authorities have accused Saudi Arabia of imposing restrictions on Qatari nationals willing to perform Hajj pilgrimage, a claim denied by Riyadh.